In Lakewood NJ and the surrounding areas, we know that winter can wreak havoc on roads and driving conditions. With winter on its way, the team at Pine Belt Chevrolet, Pine Belt Subaru and Pine Belt Chrysler Jeep thought it was a good idea to remind our friends and customers about how to stay safe while driving in inclement weather.
- It’s best to slow down by 5-10 miles per hour.
- If your vehicle starts to hydroplane, try not to panic. Lift your foot off the gas pedal and let your vehicle slow down until it feels stable again.
- Try to avoid driving through flooded areas, because it’s hard to determine the depth of water. Water can stall your engine.
- After you’ve driven through a puddle or deep water, feather your brakes and take your foot off the gas.
- As you approach fog, turn on your fog lights. If you don’t have them, be sure to use your low beams.
- Pump your brakes before you enter a fog bank to alert drivers behind you to back off.
- Slow down before you head over the top of a hill. You don’t know if a car has stopped on the other side of the hill because of the fog.
It’s Snowy or Icy
- Drive 10 miles per hour below the speed limit to reduce the chance of sliding.
- Slow down as you approach stop lights and stop signs, just in case there is black ice.
- Be sure not to tailgate and give yourself plenty of room to stop in case the driver in front of you tries to stop suddenly.
- Don’t use your brake while turning.
- If you start to skid, turn into it so your car can correct itself and go straight.
Winterize Your Vehicle at Pine Belt Chevrolet, Pine Belt Subaru and Pine Belt Chrysler Jeep
The service experts at the Pine Belt dealerships in Lakewood, NJ suggest that you bring your vehicle in for a winter maintenance checkup before the weather gets nasty. We are the best among car dealerships in NJ, and committed to providing you with the best customer service. We are the premier Lakewood car dealers—come see for yourself!
Pine Belt Chevrolet
88 Ocean Ave
Lakewood, NJ 08701