Unless you’ve had to replace them, you wouldn’t know that losing modern day keys to your vehicle is expensive and time consuming. The professional tech service centers at Pine Belt Chevrolet, Pine Belt Subaru and Pine Belt Chrysler-Jeep, your #1 Lakewood car dealers in Lakewood, NJ, are here to give you some valuable tips to avoid this dilemma.
- If your purse or diaper bag is deep and dark, you might appreciate some glow-in-the-dark Mod Podge. Dab some on your keys or key chain so you can find them more easily in the dark corners.
- Have a regular place to hang them. Of course, this only works if you hang them there!
- Get a Bluetooth tracker. A handy little gadget called Tile uses an app on your smartphone and a square tile that you attach to your keychain to track exactly where your keys are hiding.
- Make your keychain big and fluffy. Try putting some wild colored pompoms on your keychain so that they are so large they would be hard to miss by touch or line of sight.
- Magnetize them. Placing a simple magnet behind the switch plate near the door you use to enter in and out of your home gives you a simple and easy place to slap your keys as you come and go.
- Drink wine? Turn a cork into a keychain. This not only will make them easy to find when you are digging in your purse but if dad puts them in the pocket of his swimsuit and they fall out, the keys will float!
What To Do If You Just Can’t Find Them
If you have absolutely lost your key fob, call us at Pine Belt Chevrolet, Pine Belt Subaru or Pine Belt Chrysler-Jeep, premier car dealerships in NJ, and with your keycode or vin number, we can help you replace the key fob to your vehicle. It may not be inexpensive and may take several days, but we can replace it for you. Remember — we are here for you!
Pine Belt Chevrolet
88 Ocean Ave
Lakewood, NJ 08701