Pine Belt Chevrolet, Pine Belt Subaru and Pine Belt Chrysler-Jeep, premier car dealerships in NJ, located here in Lakewood, NJ, know just how important your vehicle is to you. One thing that vehicle owners should know more about is how to prevent your car from being stolen. While car thefts across the United States are down overall, 700,000 vehicles were stolen in 2015 according to information compiled by the FBI.
Tips to Secure Your Vehicle
- Choose a brightly lit area to park. Supervised and covered lots are best and my cost more. The peace of mind is worth it.
- Take your keys, lock your car and set the alarm. Sounds simple but it makes a difference.
- Don’t ever leave your car running and unattended.
- Put your valuables away. Some vehicles now come with special cubbies to do just that.
- Consider having anti-theft features installed in your car, such as tracking devices and ignition disablers.
- Be mindful when leaving your vehicle. Take a look at your surroundings. Don’t be distracted or in a hurry so that you don’t forget these important theft prevention tips.
- With technology now being the backbone of your vehicle, you need to hack-proof your car as best as you can. Hackers have proven they can take control of cars with technology. Make sure the manufacturer has your current contact information. Always update your vehicle’s software when notified of an update. Keep your key fob in a holder or container making it harder for hackers to attach to its signal. Turn off your bluetooth when not using it in the car.
In the Market For a New or Used Vehicle?
If you are in the market for a new or used vehicle, hopefully it isn’t because yours was stolen. Come into Pine Belt Chevrolet, Pine Belt Subaru or Pine Belt Chrysler-Jeep, the best among Lakewood car dealers, and take a test drive of any of our new, used, or certified pre-owned vehicles. Or, take a look at our inventory at www.pinebeltchevrolet.com, www.pinebeltsubaru.com or www.pinebeltchryslerjeep.com.
Pine Belt Chrysler-Jeep
1400, Ocean Ave, Route-88
Lakewood Township, NJ 08701